Saturday, December 23, 2006

another hobby, another blog

I have this terrible habit of starting blogs and then abandoning them. I think that badbento was the longest-lived of any non-"this is my life" style blog I've ever had. Alas, the utter suckitude of this summer and fall meant that I pretty much abandoned the effort and forgot most of the Japanese I know.

Still, the good thing about breaking my foot was that it led me to sit around at home, all the time, with not much to do. I quit smoking, and then I really had nothing to do, so I thought I'd dig up my old yarn stash and needles and see if knitting would take me back. It did, and I've actually managed to actually finish some actual items.

At any rate, one hopes that since I have started acquiring yarn (again) and books (again), I will keep knitting. And if I keep knitting, I'll keep posting here, if only to keep a record of my efforts.

One recommendation: I use Google Notebook to keep track of my progress on my works-in-progress. If you don't have a blog, you might try this, since it's nifty.

No comments: