Saturday, January 20, 2007

Busy like a bee


I promised myself I'd update here at least once a week, and now you see it's been two. In the meantime, I've placed a rather nice order from KnitPicks, gotten some progress in on the Clapotis (which really ought to be finished by now, don't you think?), and started a Swing Thing from MagKnits for a birthday present.



The Swing Thing has occupied all my knitting time, since it involves a deadline (the 2-year-old's birthday party, a week from today). I would guess I'm perhaps 40% finished with it, and I think as long as I keep up the good work, gold star, I might get it done in time.


I'm making it of KnitPicks Swish Superwash in Wisteria, which turns out to be rather more red of a purple than I had anticipated. I also bought a pair of Addi Turbos. I've spent years reading all the fawning over these needles and felt sure I'd hate them; I'm a Swallow Casein girl, myself, but those are impossible to find now. At any rate, I tried the Addis, and sure enough, I'm a convert. It's so... fast! The yarn is nice and sproingy, too, which makes this project really a nice dose of tactile satisfaction. Good thing, because I hate knitting stockinette in great swaths.


I am proud of myself for making such progress on my knitting. Last time, I think the most I ever finished was a few inches of a Starmore Aran sweater. This time I'm well on my way. Even if I think I am going to rip out the Central Park hoodie in favor of the Rogue....


One thing I'm not enjoying is the stress of knitting to a deadline. I need to have the Swing Thing done within the week, and I'm sure I can do it. Right after that, though, I need to start and finish a DS case for the Craftster swap I'm doing, and I am not at all confident that it will come out the way I want it to. I want to start on it now but I'm still hunting down some of the yarn I need. So I'll just set it on the back burner and hope, eh?


Oh - and I absolutely have not had time to use my spinning wheel. It makes me sad. I'll have to make time this week. You know, in between packing boxes and knitting and trying to read for fun, and cleaning, and. The usual that we all have to deal with once we become adults. Then again, I can eat ice cream for breakfast if I want to, so it's not all bad, is it?

1 comment:

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...

Nice to meet you, empathize with your blog.
Linking to your blog, please.
http://vuitton-miumiu.blogspot.com/